Borris Lodge Nursing Home was originally built in the 1850’s as a stewarts house for Borris House (the ancestral home of the McMurrough Kavanagh family, High Kings of Leinster). Sometime later it was the home and surgery of the local G.P. They had a farm at Borris Lodge which supplied the local population at that time with fresh milk, eggs and vegetables. It was later run as a Bed & Breakfast and Borris Lodge was noted for its pristine prize winning gardens. Many improvements, upgrades and extensive renovations were carried out since 2000 and because we were constantly at full bed capacity, we decided in 2006 to extend to 52 beds. There is 46 single bedrooms and 3 double bedrooms at Borris Lodge Nursing Home, . Since July 2009 HIQA is the independent inspectorate for Private, Public and Voluntary Nursing Homes. The Nursing Home is part of the Evergreen care group which presently has seven other Nursing Home in Ireland.